Software Engineer - FEA 8/22/2016
USA Recruiting Associates
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY _Salary Range BOE_
** Just heard from them and this is wide open. We need a candidate with software development and FEA.
_Keywords To Search For: software engineer, software development, FEA, Finite Element Analysis, manufacturing, industrial machinery._
Position Title Software Engineer - FEA - IL #3190
$45k to $85k.
Location Rockford IL
Machine Tool manufacturing company looking for a Software Engineer with Finite Element Analysis.
The Software Engineer - FEA for the Composites Division will become part of a development team that develops software dedicated to the design and manufacturing of composite structures for a variety of applications including, but not limited to, aerospace vehicles. Rank and salary dependent on background/experience.
* Design, analysis, programming, debugging, and modification of software for composite applications focused on the use of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) along with other composite design tools
* Investigate application engineering tasks and prepare design specifications, analysis, and recommendations
* Support the "manufacturing process integration" for composite parts
* Provide customer support for software deployment and maintenance
* Ensure products and services provided by the company meet the highest standards
* Become very knowledgeable of the entire hardware & software infrastructure for automated machine tools and robotics equipment
* Working closely with other departments to meet the division's goals
* Meet deadlines and company goals
* Demonstrate continuous improvement philosophy*
* Programming knowledge and skills in C++ required
* Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) - use and/or programming
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
* Solid math background with vectors, 3D geometry, transformations, etc.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Flexible work attitude and excellent team player
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or hold a valid green card
* Recent industry or academic experience in Software Development
* Any experience related to Manufacturing, Industrial Machinery, or customer support for Software Applications is a plus
* BA / BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
* Alternatively: BS degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering with sufficient experience in a software development environment
* Graduate degree is a plus
* Experience in using standard Office applications, e.g. Word, Excel
* Experience with any of the following is a plus:
o Microsoft Visual Studio / C++
o Microsoft Widows based development environment
o 3D graphics programming
o Image processing / vision applications
o Source Control Systems
BOTTOM LINE REQUIREMENTS WE NEED NOTES ON WITH CANDIDATE SUBMITTAL:
1. BACHELOR\'S DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, OR RELATED FIELD.
2. PROGRAMMING KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS IN C++.
3. EXPERIENCE WITH FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS (FEA) - USE AND/OR PROGRAMMING.
4. SOLID MATH BACKGROUND WITH VECTORS, 3D GEOMETRY, TRANSFORMATIONS, ETC.
5. MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR HOLD A VALID GREEN CARD.
6. EXPERIENCE RELATED TO MANUFACTURING OR INDUSTRIAL MACHINERY IS A PLUS.
7. Salary expectation