Software Engineer 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are currently seeking a software engineer to work in our in Frederick, Maryland office. The software engineer will develop code for pipelines that process complex genomic data, including next generation sequencing reads. The pipelines support both internal R&D needs, and also customer-facing services such as sequencing read analysis. The position requires strong coding ability, and strong skills in multi-machine parallel processing.
* Build and manage sequencing read processing pipelines using a combination of software developed by the academic community and in-house code development
* Continuously develop script and compute infrastructure to rapidly support needs of internal R&D scientists
* Develop and support customer-facing, cloud-based compute infrastructure for processing sequencing reads for multiple scientific applications
* Troubleshoot customer problems
* Maintain and improve legacy code, including integration of systems resulting from corporate acquisitions
MS degree or BS degree in computer science
Proficiency coding in Python and SQL
Experience building scalable multi-machine parallel processing systems. Strong skills in mapping large compute tasks onto hardware efficiently
Strong Linux skills, and experience using major cloud provider tools and APIs (e.g. Google Compute Engine, Amazon Web Services EC2)
Experience using Python pipelining frameworks such as Luigi, pyFlow, Airflow, etc.
Experience using container technology such as Docker or Rocket is a plus.
The successful candidate will be able to write, test, and support high quality software in an environment with few other professional software engineers. Candidate must work on a daily basis directly with internal scientists and customers
_We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class._