Software Engineer, Front End (Web)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhat you\'ll be doing
You will be enhancing the world s ability to discover, explore, share, and collaborate on interactive visual analyses. Hundreds of thousands of people worldwide will use your work to discover and develop data-driven solutions to the problems affecting billions of people. As a team, we make use of the latest web technologies and practices, writing high-quality code that is testable, maintainable, and elegant.
Some of the things you ll be doing include
* Build beautiful browser-based experiences that empower users to easily find, share, and control visual analyses that touch every aspect of today s businesses and society.
* Take advantage of modern browser capabilities to provide a rich, fluid experience as users navigation large visualization collections.
* Help solve the challenges of integrating the mobile, desktop, and server experiences, satisfying the needs of a diverse customer base.
* Extend the usability and capabilities of our UI architecture and web technologies to support the needs of our growing feature set.
* Define and improve our internal systems, processes, and best practices to improve organizational performance and enable the team to deliver delightful products to our customers more quickly.
Who you are *LI-EM1
* Experience. 2-5+ years of experience as a software engineer, preferably with front end technologies like TypeScript, Angular, and React. Having background in an OO language like Java or C# is a bonus.
* Passionate. You love building easy to use and beautiful user interfaces. You love to write maintainable/understandable quality code and have a passion for solving complex problems. You write tests for your code as a way to maintain high quality. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands, even millions, of people.
* Highly Technical. You are a seasoned object-oriented developer and familiar with commonly used design patterns. You can constructively review the work of others to ensure high quality and adherence to best practices. You have a solid understanding of architectures relevant to multi-tier applications.
* A Problem Solver. You have a passion for solving complex problems, be they at work or in your spare time on your own projects.
* Life-long Learner. You have an insatiable appetite for improvement, striving to better deliver high-quality code and delightful user experiences.
* A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from your colleagues, and teaching others so we can all become better developers. People love working with you because you help them up their game.
* A Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders, and in this role, you will be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Data Consent: Tableau Software Inc. and its other subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively called Tableau) is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal sensitive information you provide us with. By submitting your CV, you are explicitly agreeing to any personal information that you have supplied being used by Tableau in the pursuit of recruiting activities. This information will be held in accordance with the relevant Data Protection Privacy laws and regulations relevant to your country of residence. You further agree that Tableau may retain this information for a reasonable period of time. As Tableau is a global company, your information may be transferred and available internationally, including in countries that do not have privacy laws.