Software Engineer I 9/10/2016
San Luis Obispo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and Business Intelligence solutions. LIMS supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries including, multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Software Engineer I
Assists with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. May assist with test procedures to ensure software system requirements are met. Gathers information to support software project management. Documents deployed processes and tools and collect metrics. Supports software research and development projects. Troubleshoots basic software issues. Works under close supervision. Follows company software standards and processes.
* With general supervision, develops, documents, maintains and unit tests code by utilizing software development environments and programming languages.
* Develops, documents and maintains software design by applying established methods and practices.
* Performs troubleshooting of defects. Collaborates with others to propose solutions to problems.
* May gather and organize data for use in plans, schedules and estimates.
* May assist in the specification and maintenance of software requirements. Receives guidance and instruction from more experienced engineers.
* May integrate and compile software components into builds. May test limited component level software in the target environment.
* May document deployed processes and tools and collect metrics.
* May perform troubleshooting of operational and integration issues. May gather and document data on subject matter.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
* Java experience preferred
* Web application development experience preferred
* Relational database experience preferred
* HTML experience preferred
* PrimeFaces experience preferred