Software Engineer II - C, C++ 8/31/2016
Goose Creek, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SOFTWARE ENGINEER II
* Must be a highly-motivated and self-driven team player that has the ability to perform in a dynamic prototyping environment.
* The candidate will collaborate cross-functionally with engineers to deliver high qualitysoftware that meet and exceed project requirements.
* This candidate has broad technical knowledge, can design and develop software from requirements, lead root-cause analysis, communicate options for resolution and present recommendations for software defects.
* Develop functional detailed design requirements for moderately complex programs and sub-systems interfacing with simulator hardware under various operating scenarios.
* Develop, integrate and document software for a dynamic range of commercial and military aircraft maintenance trainers.
* Review and analyze specifications, designs, and test plans.
* Confer with peers and stakeholders to implement designs, resolve system operation errors, and implement procedures.
* Participate in engineering and customer design reviews, to include analyzing project requirements, design research, technical presentations, proposals and reviews.
* Define acceptance test procedures to validate software models.
* Provide technical guidance to junior software team members.
* Collaborate with project manager to define and prioritize software enhancement and features.
* Perform technical lead and/or supervisory functions for small tasks.
* Prepare software design and architecture approach for proposal efforts.
* Prepares and participates in design and code walk-throughs.
* Participates in hardware/software integration (HSI), contractor, and customer testing.
* Identify and allocate software resources.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree in technical field, such as computer engineering or computer science
* Proficient in C and C++ in both a Windows and Unix/Linux Operating System environment
* Experience with test-driven development software testing methodology
* Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
* Good written and verbal communication
* Ability to work independently with little guidance
* Ability to work cross functionally
* Must be able to establish and maintain multiple priorities
* Established ability to learn and contribute quickly
* Results oriented and fact-based decision making