Software Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Summary:
Provides design, development, test, maintenance, and troubleshooting support for .NET-based IT/Data Engineering and Software Development projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
* Performs standard software development tasks (including analysis, design, prototyping, coding, training, and documentation) associated with the design and development of new applications or maintenance of existing applications using Microsoft .NET and using C# as the primary development language
* Performs system database design as well as modifications necessary to correct database defects
* Tests and validates functionality within and between applications, which could include integration, performance, and/or systems testing
* Participates in application documentation, training and deployment efforts
* Provides recommendations for improving processes and procedures, and may function as an escalation point and/or training resource for less experienced programmers
* May provide guidance to others by reviewing work and providing recommendations for design, coding or testing approach, which could include conducting or participating in code walkthroughs or other methods to ensure code quality
* May function as a technical lead for small applications or components of larger applications that are typically narrow in scope
* Provides maintenance support on production applications, and maintains availability for after-hours production support on an as-needed basis
* Ensures applications meet design specifications, adhere to standard coding practices and function per the requirements specification
* Communicates with project manager, technical team lead, team members and business groups on issues and the status of work planned and completed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent certification or experience
* 5+ years of application development and integration experience using .NET technologies (C#.NET, ASP.NET, WCF, Web Services)
* Experience with Microsoft .NET Framework (4.x) and Visual Studio 2013
* Experience with SQL Server 2008/2012 including TSQL and stored procedures
* Firm understanding of application development methodologies and object oriented principles
* Experience with unit testing and test driven development
* Cable billing system knowledge preferred
* Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations
* Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from an operational and technical perspective
* Ability to work independently and engage manager as needed
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Must be able to manage changes to requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools
* Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
* Must have strong interpersonal skills
Fundamental knowledge of standard desktop business applications and tools.
-Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* regularly required to talk and hear
* required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
* required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
* required to use close vision and be able to focus
* some travel may be required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled