Software Engineer II - Product Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
IMPAQ International LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONSOFTWARE ENGINEER II - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
IMPAQ International, a growing and dynamic social science research firm, provides high-quality research and impact evaluation services, policy analysis, survey research, technology solutions, organizational development, technical assistance and consulting services to U.S. and international government agencies, foundations, and the private sector. IMPAQ s mission is to bring together exceptional people to develop innovative and rigorous approaches to evaluate the real-world impact of social policies and programs. IMPAQ offers five locations: our Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, rated one of America s Best Small Cities; Downtown Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, a Bay Area office in Oakland, California and Seattle, Washington. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).
IMPAQ Strategy is seeking a full-time Software Engineer to develop software for our ASCEND family of products. The incumbent will be responsible for the development of digital products incorporating mobile platforms, big data, collaboration, data capture, advanced analytics, messaging, and other technologies as identified. Your skills won t become out of date while working with the latest technologies at IMPAQ Strategy.
* Participate in system design, development, integration, and testing of new software and provide enhancements to existing software
* Participate in technical trade studies and research efforts
* Participate in requirements analysis
* Work with other members of the team to generate creative and innovative solutions
* Participate in performance analysis and performance improvement efforts
* Continue developing your technical skillset as aligned with your career goals
* Ability to engage in some travel (~10%) to support clients
Knowledge and Experience
* 2-3 years developing software programs in a highly technical environment
* Knowledge of software design patterns, refactoring, and software best practices
* Dynamic knowledge of the development process, and experience with aspects like requirements analysis, development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
* Experience with agile development tools and team development projects
* Experience with SQL Server, Oracle or other relational databases
* Experience with Cold Fusion is desirable
* Experience with cloud technologies such as MapReduce and Spark, as well as cloud data management tools such as Hadoop, Accumulo, or Cassandra is desirable
* Familiarity with health informatics and coding standards including ICD9, ICD10, CPT, LOINC and HL7 documents is a plus
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Outstanding customer-focused support and professional communication
* Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to learn quickly and work in a collaborative team environment
* A desire to learn new skills and keep up with the changing environment
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineer, or a related field required
IMPAQ International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Please note, your application will not be submitted for this position if you close your browser before completing each section
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS