Software Engineer II 9/15/2016
San Luis Obispo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Software Engineer II, San Luis Obispo, CA
Formulates architectural designs, functional specifications, interface specifications and documentation of software systems taking into consideration system interrelationships, operating modes and software or equipment configurations. Researches emerging or unconventional applications of software and operating systems in designing and developing new methodologies, signification modifications, or adaptations of standardized techniques. Reviews work products for correctness and adherence to design concepts and user standards. May act as a technical design lead, mentor, or similar role for limited or extended durations.
Essential Job Functions:
The primary function of this position is to provide programming skills in support of Tapestry s complex software applications. Some experience in software design, architectural development and troubleshooting skills are required. This position may involve participation in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC). The individual will:
* Perform software development tasks (programming, development, design, analysis and problem resolution) at an advanced level.
* Drive software development tasks to successful completion.
* Perform advanced-level testing, validation and verification of complex software applications.
* Establish, maintain, and adhere to software quality and coding standards.
* Serve as a leader and mentor to less-experienced software developers and software engineers, as required.
* Occasionally represent the company in an external liaison role in situations requiring onsite support or third-party (customer/contractor/vendor) coordination or expertise.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
This position requires any of the following:
Bachelor degree and two or more years experience or Master s degree with experience
Proven experience in at least one of the following areas is required:
* Java, C++, C, C# or similar object-oriented languages.
* Scripting languages (e.g., PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby).
* Databases (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
Skills and Abilities:
* Advanced object-oriented programming skills.
* Advanced algorithmic, software design, and/or software architecture skills.
* Ability to do complex multi-tasking.
* Good organizational skills.
* Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
* Ability to work effectively with customers, peers, subordinates, managers, executives, and others.