Software Engineer III
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Job ID: 20160810-8081-MS
Company Name: AIR Worldwide
Become a member of the growing AIR Software Research and Development team. Your help is needed to provide our world-wide clients with sophisticated modeling and analytical products that analyze the impact of catastrophe events, like hurricanes, earthquakes and terrorist attacks, and estimate the replacement value of residential and commercial properties. You will join the application team helping to enhance and maintain our core CATRADER application.
Successful people at AIR come from many different backgrounds, with a wide range of perspectives and experiences. While meeting the position requirements is essential, we re also interested your ability to communicate, collaborate and influence ideas within and outside of your immediate team. The key responsibilities on this role include, but not limited to
* Realize increasing catastrophe model capabilities and extreme complex data analytics in software product
* Lead to design, develop and enhance the application features.
* Perform technical design, documentation, implementation, and unit-testing of software enhancements and bug fixes using VC++/MFC/COM on Microsoft Windows development platform
* Proactively contribute to software performance optimizations and continuous improvements to code quality, robustness, and development processes
* Collaborate with other developers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in VC++/STL in windows environment.
* 1 years of experience in MFC/ ATL / COM.
* Clearly understanding of core C++ / object oriented design & programming concepts.
* Good knowledge of T-SQL and database programming with SQL Server
* Strong problem solving skills
* Fast learner and keen to learn
* Excellent listening skills
* Good communication skills: Verbal and Written
* Enthusiasm, energy, and creativeness
* Ability to "think outside the box".
* Possess a positive attitude and ability to multi-task, stay organized in a dynamic team work environment.
* Attitude to get thing done.
* Experience of .NET framework, C# is a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
* M.S. in CS or a BS plus 3 year experience
About AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR) provides catastrophe risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987, and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, and pandemics globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, a Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq:VRSK) business, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit www.air-worldwide.com.
AIR Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer.
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.