Software Engineer III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Scientific Research Corporation
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONScientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* This position is in support of Department of Defense (DoD) biometrics. Specifically, the development, testing, and fielding of a multi-modal stand-off biometric collection and matching ststem.
* The selected candidate will have at least two years of software development and engineering in the following areas:
* Java: J2EE, JSP, J2ME, SOA architectures with JSON and RESTful are helpful. Developing new functionalities for front end and back end data processing and analysis services.
* C# for .NET 4.O+: Event Driven design, Focus on GUI windows Service elements. TCP/IP, and experience with SOA integration, XML. Multithreading, Multiprocessing, Client /Server development.
* C/C++ : Experience with programming Embedded Systems for Windows and experience with both ARM and x86 architectures, to include Device Drivers, Sockets, Network & Client Server, Multithreading, Multiprocessing, Interrupt processing, and developing custom algorithms. , APU/GPU Experience a plus.
* Architectural and Design Principles: Solid OOP to include, dependency injection, Inversion Of Control, UML 2.0, Design Patterns, MVC. Unit Testing. Version control, relational database experience a plus.
* Fusion algorithms
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or Mathematics
* At least two of the following certifications: Security+, Ethical Hacking, Certified Software Development Professional, Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer, Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional, C/C++
* Must have, or be eligible to obtain a government-issued security clearance
* Must have or be able to obtain a U.S.A. passport
* Must be available for approximately 25% travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations as necessary
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* More than two years of forensic or biometric-oriented software engineering
* 3-5 years of software development experience with the DoD
This position requires an active SECRET clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled