This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 2/24/2017
StanCorp Financial Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
IT at The Standard:
When you work at The Standard, you are part of a company that provides customers financial well-being and peace of mind. As a member of our IT team, you work side by side with the business, pursuing strategic opportunities for our company. It s an exciting time with new products, new distribution channels and new customer needs that are driving big investments in technology. At The Standard, we are large enough for big opportunities and small enough for big impact.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, for the Core Engineering team, you will be driving forward the technology platforms, present and future, for all of the teams at The Standard. You will work with internal teams to drive their development efforts while also working on POCs to move the entire Standard technology platform forward.
Your continued drive to learning new technologies and driving best development is what makes our Core Engineering team critical in driving forward a secure, scalable and innovate software platform at the Standard.
Primary Candidate Profile:
* Continuously build your team s trust in you shaped by a positive attitude and demonstrated ability to deliver as promised, willing to go-the-distance for anyone on the team, and adding to the conversations.
* Core focus on: requirement comprehension, solution design business and technical knowledge acquisition, high quality deliverables, application and system integration.
* Keen ability to present and promote your assessments, ideas and conceptual views. Very much at ease with person-to-person interactions high respect for all ideas.
* Curious mind, desire for continuous learning and to master new technologies by first learning and then mastering through teaching and coaching others.
* BS Degree in Software Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
* Demonstrable experience in:
* HTML, XML, SQL/SOQL, and REST/SOAP-based web services
* Java web services (e.g. Spring or other frameworks)
* Web Content Management (i.e. Drupal)
* Continuous integration/deliver
* Software/system architecture and software/system design using UML
* Capabilities of technical coaching and training of team members
* 5+ years of Object-oriented software development experience
* On-call responsibilities. Must be available to provide support during nights and weekends during production deployments and critical sales support periods.
Optional / Advantageous Qualifications:
* Experience with Whitehat and Security Static Analysis (i.e. Fortify).
* Experience with IBM Websphere Portal.
* Experience with Application/system integration both native and cloud-based technologies such as Cast Iron or Mulesoft.
* Experience with Message Queues.
* Experience working on an Agile team, preferable Scrum, Kanban or Lean.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc., StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc. and StanCorp Mortgage Investors, LLC, marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, please visit the URL: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf, click here.
Apply for this job onlineApply
E-mail this job postingRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS