DEV, OPS Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Cherokee Nation Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Army Geospatial Center (AGC) mission is to provide timely, accurate, and relevant geospatial information, capabilities, and domain expertise for our pilot program of the Army Geospatial Enterprise (AGE) implementation in support of unified land operations.
The AGC is seeking a DEV/OPS Engineer to aid in its mission.
The DEV/OPS Engineer will:
• Support the delivery of Maintenance Free Information Technology through Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) of technologies within DevOps cycles.
• Document methodologies which support Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) of technologies within a DevOps cycles, and operational implementation points across the Joint environment.
• Update documented shortfalls and gaps in implementation approaches.
• Identify secure processes and methodologies for software supply chain management to drive policy decisions supporting implementation of CICD.
• Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results
• Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written
• Provide operating systems planning and evaluation for performance analysis, capacity planning and hardware upgrades
• Design, code, test, debug, and document those programs
• Regularly provide guidance and training to less-experienced analyst/programmers
• Can lead small teams
• 8-10 years' experience in developing software applications including: analysis, design, coding, testing, deploying and supporting of applications
• Bachelor’s degree minimum
• Knowledge and expert level knowledge and experience with:
· Continuous integration and continuous delivery (CICD) practices
· Test driven development, scripting, and automation (load, application, integration)
· Hybrid cloud technology
· Software defined infrastructure configuration and automated scripting
· Big data processing architectures and technologies
· Software and hardware research, analysis, and documentation
· DoD/IC security - Top Secret, with SCI preferred. Secret Security Clearance minimum; must be eligible to upgrade to TS with SCI.
• Experience with Intelligence Community and/or public cloud technologies
• Experience with big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Google Go, in particular) are a plus
• Proven abilities to build and maintain a continuous deployment environment
• Experience in system administration, cloud service management, and deployment
• Must demonstrate experience working DoD/IC security and information assurance processes
• Must be able to maintain and/or develop a DoD relevant software supply chain to deploy to various secure IT ecosystems
• Scripting languages Bash, Ruby, and Python with Java a plus
• Good understanding of the Hadoop, Spark ecosystem, and low level constructs
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10534 online at www.cherokee-cnt.com
Since 2009, Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) has been serving government clients with time-tested solutions that increase client effectiveness through the intelligent use of technology. CNT’s expertise includes software and application services, network services, and business process services. The company is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with a regional office in Ft. Collins, Colorado, and client locations nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNT is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf