Software Engineer IV-C (2012898)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Warner Robins, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
The most security-conscious organizations trust Telos Corporation to protect their vital IT assets. The reputation of our company rests on the quality of our solution and the integrity of our people. Explore what you can bring to our solutions in information assurance, secure networks, secure enterprise messaging, and identity management.
Be a part of the Telos culture and see what sets us apart! Telos offers an excellent compensation package with benefits that include generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401k. Our employees enjoy more than just a great work environment!
Software engineering tasks involve the development and/or support of software used to test a variety of line replaceable units (LRUs) and shop replaceable units (SRUs) applicable to avionics equipment. Specific tasks may include engineering support to shop personnel engaged in test, troubleshooting, repair, and modification of LRUs or SRUs tested on automatic test equipment (ATE), engineering assistance in evaluation/correction of software applicable to ATE, and participating as members of preplanning and organizational process teams, as required for the acquisition of new/replacement automatic test systems (ATS).
This position will be at Robins Air Force Base in Warner Robins, GA.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Directs software engineering function in developing, releasing and maintaining software applications/operating systems according to project needs.
* Design, modify, develop, implement and test software applications.
* Work with team members to support project software development.
* Support the design of software test criteria and verify functionality and performance.
* Supports and/or installs software applications and operating systems.
* Perform testing process through a variety of line replaceable units (LRUs) and shop replaceable units (SRUs) applicable to avionics equipment.
* Provide engineering support to shop personnel engaged in test, troubleshooting, repair and modification of LRUs or SRUs tested on automatic test equipment (ATE), engineering assistance in evaluation/correction of software applicable to ATE.
* Conduct test review and analysis, test witnessing and verification software.
* Work with preplanning and organizational process teams, as required for the acquisition of new/replacement automatic test systems (ATS).
* Provide web service development, web application development and the development of software used in Operational Flight Programs (OFPs) for a variety of weapon systems including but not limited to Joint STARS, F-15, C-5, SOF systems and EW systems.
* Software design/coding tasks will include a broad range of design, development, testing, upgrading, documentation and maintenance tasks for software in support of weapon systems.
* Reviews and analyzes specifications related to software development.
* Design documentation development.
* Maintains job knowledge by studying state of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering from an ABET accredited school minimum 2.9 GPA or equivalent experience computer science or equivalent experience.
* Security+ Certification.
* 2+ years experience with at least one of the following: Electronic Warfare, Radar, Sensors and Fusion, Communications, Navigation, Identification, Tactical Data Links and Networks, Information Assurance, Avionics OFPs, Support Equipment, Simulations, or Systems Integration.
* 6-8+ year s experience with application development in support software and hardware platforms.
* Experienced with .Net, Java, Oracle preferred.
* Background in object oriented programming C/C++ preferred.
* Experience using an IDE (Visual Studio, C++ Builder, Eclipse).
* Poses and applies expert knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of software development to the completion of assignments.
* Ability to work on overall design and development of software products as well as software applications.
* Experience with supporting software testing and debugging.
* Able to work in a fast-paced production environment with ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
* Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/trouble shooting skills.
* Effective Customer Service and management skills/capabilities; including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or externally.
* Strong English language skills (both written and verbal).
* Interest in new technologies and the ability to adopt to those new technologies.
* High level of drive and ability to learn.
* Ability to lead a team and carry development workload.
* ***Candidate MUST HAVE a min. Secret Security clearance and maintain such clearance.
* Master s Degree in computer science or equivalent.
* 5+ Years experience working on DoD programs is highly desired.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels are required
* A professional attitude regarding attention to detail and customer service and excellent organizational skills are required
* The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information, which requires US citizenship.
* Telos maintains a drug-free workplace and will conduct drug testing on all applicants who have accepted an offer of employment
* Telos Corporation participates in the E-Verify program. Therefore, any employment with Telos will also be contingent upon confirmation from the Social Security Administration ( SSA ) and/or the Department of Homeland Security ( DHS ) of your authorization to work in the United States
Telos offers an excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience and benefits to meet your needs for today and the future.
Telos and its subsidiaries are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Warner Robins, , United States