Software Engineer IV
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Software Engineer IV creates and designs new software, applying theoretical principles of computing and mathematics in order to analyze, test and assess software systems. The Software Engineer IV evaluates user needs while designing and testing new software to meet those needs. This may involve analyzing and developing flow charts, models, diagrams and algorithms in addition to coding or modifying software. This position researches and develops new technologies and processes/algorithms, and introduces them to the enterprise as needed to improve revenue and customer satisfaction.Job Duties and Responsibilities:* Hands-on engineering experience with ability to providing technical leadership in all stages of development (analysis, design and development).
* Ability to lead and drive modern technology tools, standards and patterns. Pre-existing open-source or community track record is preferred (github, stackoverflow, Java/Clojure/Scala user group participation etc.).
* Eye for details and correctness in deliverables with focus towards documentation, testability and reliability.
* High level of comfort working on server side technologies as well as browser based technologies.
Job Requirements:* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* At least 10 years of hands on programming experience on modern JVM platform
* Understanding and experience with Object Oriented and Functional programming paradigm with expertise in modern programming languages (Java, Clojure, Scala, Haskell)
* Expert level working experience on the following:* Java/JavaEE
* Web infrastructure technologies (Web Service, ReST, OAuth)
* Expertise in modern persistence/storage infrastructure (Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra)
* Understanding of modern application distribution principles in distributed environments and cloud platforms (AWS, Rackspace).
* Deep understanding and experience on design and implementation principles for large scale high performance transactional web platform (e-commerce, trading, auction, sports, social network)