Software Engineer Lead 8/19/2016
StanCorp Financial Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
IT at The Standard
When you work at The Standard, you are part of a company that provides customers financial well-being and peace of mind. As a member of our IT team, you work side by side with the business, pursuing strategic opportunities for our company. It s an exciting time with new products, new distribution channels and new customer needs that are driving big investments in technology. At The Standard, we are large enough for big opportunities and small enough for big impact.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our thriving application engineering community. At the Standard we pride ourselves on delivering a great customer experience. Whether it is developing cutting edge applications on the cloud or modernizing our legacy technology your engineering skills will be used to develop best in class solutions. We are looking for individuals who can bring new ideas, new engineering methods to deliver agile solutions to our customers. Could this be you* If so apply today!
As a software engineer you will work the business leaders and IT practitioners to design and implement software solutions. You will leverage your knowledge of engineering solutions with multiple technologies. Your breadth of expertise as a full stack engineer will enable you to transform our legacy technology to the next generation of Insurance Tech. You will participate in the application development community to identify new technologies, methods, standards.
* Strong leadership skills such as mentoring, coaching, and collaboration that can be a resource an entire technical team can look up to, who is also willing to learn.
* Be part of a team and thought leader to transform our delivery framework to an agile product focused
* Engineer and deliver solutions using an iterative, test driven methodology you will write unit tests and perform the validation using contemporary tools, moving us towards continuous development/continuous integration.
* Build and automate the deployment of their components/solutions into production.
* Engineer applications including the user interface, business logic, integration and the underlying persistence and data repositories.
* Participate with a team of engineers and analysts, including offshore resources, to develop software solutions
* Conduct and collaborate in requirements, architecture and design and code walk-throughs
* Collaborate with other disciplines, including Requirements Engineering, Data Engineering, Quality Management, Infrastructure , and Project Management
* Proactively identify and communicate risks and issues to management and create action plans to mitigate risks
* Work on strategic initiatives on technology selection, develop prototypes, research and development and process improvement
The Preferred Candidate Will Have
* 5+ Years as a software engineer
* 3+ Years experience in designing software solutions using UML
* Full stack development experience
* 5+ Years in a variety of software methodologies specifically agile and DevOps
* 5+ Years in conducting design and code reviews
* Effective communicator (written and verbal) and team player
* A degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of experience as Software Engineer, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience. The Ideal Candidate Will Also Have
* Hands on experience with Databases, API development, Responsive UI Development , Integration Technologies BRMS, ECM Solutions
* Understanding of the financial services industry, specifically disability insurance
* Experience working with Underwriters and Actuaries with a corresponding understanding of group underwriting of disability insurance products and actuarial sciences.
* A history of successfully bringing innovative solutions to complex problems
* Familiarity with the ACORD (Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development) standards
Apply for this job onlineApply
E-mail this job postingRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS