This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
At Salesforce, reliability & trust is our #1 priority. Our customers demand a high quality, responsive and predictable application. As an engineer joining the Customer Centric Engineering team, you will get an opportunity to work on a broad set of challenging customer-related issues which will require a wide range of technologies and troubleshooting of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud product. As a Customer Centric Engineer you will investigate, reproduce, diagnose and fix complex issues affecting our customers. You should be passionate about solving tough technical problems and recommending improvements to products and processes. Technical skills are important, but so are persistence, patience and communication.
* Figuring out ways to find "the bug" utilizing top-notch troubleshooting techniques and all the tools and systems available within the development organization, and digging deep into code
* Identifying root causes, proposing test cases and writing the code to fix the problem
* Providing timely information to customer facing teams to improve overall customer satisfaction
* Mentoring internal support teams on technical issues and best practices
* Building relationships with other teams across Customer Service, Development, and Product Operations as a technical expert
* Championing Supportability and Debug ability initiatives throughout development and developing new debugging tools while working closely with product teams
MINIMAL FOUNDATION REQUIREMENTS
* BA/BS in Computer Science or a related Engineering degree is highly preferred or equivalent work experience with demonstrated proficiency
* At least 4-5 years of experience in software development environment
* Developer-level technical skills along with a strong desire to interact with customers, support teams and management on high-profile issues critical to the long-term success of the company
* Demonstrable curiosity, passion, integrity and outstanding attention to detail in professional and personal pursuits
* Unparalleled debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Learn quickly and be productive in a highly collaborative, lightning-fast environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by clear bug/issue explanations, documentation of knowledge and comfort interacting with all levels of management
* Good understanding of various software design patters
* Ability to take complex problems and break them down into smaller tasks
* Good understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance
* Willing to learn new technologies
MINIMAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Must have a background in an Object Oriented Development Language (C#, Java, Ruby, etc.) with strong experience in C# and working with .NET framework
* Very good understanding of RDBMs concepts with strong experience in SQL Server 2008 and up
* Understanding of W3C standards and experience in addressing cross-browser and platform compatibility issues
* Utilization and troubleshooting of SOAP & REST based APIs
* Proficiency in XHTML and CSS. Practical knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 is a must
* You take pride in writing highly modular, scalable, and extensive code
* Strong understand of security patterns and practices
* Experience in high-availability systems and distributed systems
* Very good understand of SQL Performance tuning
* Salesforce knowledge preferred
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.