This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/15/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs a SoftwareEngineer, you will participate in the design and development of high performing and aesthetically pleasing software solutions designed for web and mobile delivery to enable scalable, secure and intuitive access to data by Covance's global network of employees, partners, and clients. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help drive product innovation and work with internal and external engineering teams to prototype and launch data-enabled capabilities and service offerings. Key areas of focus include: 1) the integration and analysis of preclinical, clinical, health outcomes, and social networking data to improve protocol design, clinical site selection, and patient enrollment; 2) the design of intuitive visual interfaces to enhance the efficiency and quality of clinical monitoring; 3) the development of advanced softwaresystems and interfaces for clinical trial design and simulation; 4) the development of integrated clinical trial dashboards for internal and external use; and 5) the development of analytic tools and methodologies for resource forecasting and utilization.
* Diagnose and resolve complex technical problems for the Xcellerate product suite in a third tier engineering-level support and development role as part of a 24x7 global team
* Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of software technology, architecture and implementation
* Build and transfer knowledge to Tier 1 and 2 support groups
* Guide or perform design and implementation of new support, productivity or investigation tools and processes to increase efficiency for the technical support process
* Act as a consultant and knowledge base for product managers, sales engineers, technical account managers, and deployment specialists, resolving technical obstacles, improving the product's vision
* Work closely with multiple product management and softwareengineering teams to increase understanding and ways to improve our enterprise solutions
* BS in Computer Science, Math or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
* 2 years of industry experience in technical support, professional services, engineering, sustaining engineering, or systems engineering within internet related technologies
* Strong interpersonal and soft skills, a driven and eager communicator who applies technical acumen and expertise equally with professionalism and communication skills
* Outstanding troubleshooting, follow-through and problem solving skills, resourcefulness, attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
* Hands-on experience implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Internet-based applications, and web servers
* 4+ years of C# experience in a web development capacity
* Experience with various data repositories including DBMS, data mining and analysis, and an acute understanding of applied data structure algorithms
* Knowledge of infrastructure architecture, data architecture and networking
* Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies in an agile environment
* Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, vendors, QA, and developers.