Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN
The primary responsibility for the Software Engineer will create new software and support existing Salesforce Marketing Cloud features. The candidate must be able to design, develop and test software efficiently while communicating effectively with all user levels. The ideal candidate will not only possess a thorough understanding of the .NET and SQL but also the demonstrated ability to integrate with additional systems to create end to end automated processes. The individual must be a team player and be able solve problems effectively working alone or with fellow team members. The individual must be willing to learn new technologies and experience with Kafka, Hbase, Hadoop, ElasticSearch and CDAP or similar technologies is a plus.
* Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science; equivalent related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum 5+ years' experience in programming, testing, documenting and maintaining software applications on a .Net platform
* Write Secure Code
* Highly proficient in C# and Transact SQL
* Highly proficient in working with and developing highly scalable multi-threaded and multi-tier applications
* Highly proficient in applying architectural and design patterns
* Proficient in developing web services using REST and SOAP
* Proficient in using ORM frameworks such as Entity Framework, AutoMapper
* Proficient with third party .NET open source projects such as Castle Windsor (or other IoC projects), and Newtonsoft.JSON
* Proficient with integrations to external systems using 3rd party libraries or web services
* Proficient in working in a multiple server environment that handles web synchronous transactions as well as asynchronous transaction processing
* Proficient working with large volume data and how code has to be structured to interact with large data
* Experience in working with CIs such as Jenkins and Team City
* Experience using SourceControl via Git and TFS
* Experience in working in an Agile software development team is preferred
* Experience with Microsoft MVC, OData, jQuery and jQuery UI a plus
* Experience with other operating systems and languages a plus
* Familiarity with Agile Frameworks such as Scrum.
* Experience with Kafka, Hbase, Hadoop, ElasticSearch and CDAP or similar technologies is a plus
* Service-oriented attitude
* Able to multi-task effectively
* Able to handle fixing or troubleshooting issues while also delivering new features
* Work and function effectively as a member of a team or small group
* Good communication skills - both oral and written
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.