Software Engineer (Infrastructure)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Platform and Framework Infrastructure Development team is in charge of building infrastructure for web service development. We're looking for a seasoned Lead engineer to design can competently review any aspect of their product or major sub-system.
* Drives architecture discussions, and proposes solutions to system and product changes.
The ideal candidate must have business knowledge and broad experience in distributed application design and architecture, system performance and scalability, as well as some knowledge of related domains of technical architectures (network, security, and infrastructure engineering), information architecture, and data architecture.
* Expert in Java/J2EE programming model & service oriented architecture.
* PAST EXPERIENCE IN DEVELOPING ROUTING PRODUCT IS PREFERRED E.G. HTTP FORWARDED, OR REVERSE PROXY.
* AWARE OF VARIOUS ROUTING FRAMEWORK AND ITS CHARACTERISTICS, USE CASES. E.G. NETTY
* EXPERIENCE WITH MODERN DEVELOPMENT TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGIES - GIT, MAVEN, IDES, WEB CONTAINERS, TEST FRAMEWORKS
* Correctly estimates software schedules, and delivers on time without quality issues.
* Works well within a team, and contributes effectively to the success of the team.
* Can triage and resolve production site issues without supervision.
* Able to evangelize innovations, through prototyping or other means.
* 10+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH MISSION-CRITICAL, HIGHLY AVAILABLE & MULTI-TIERED, SCALABLE APPLICATIONS.
* Must have experience in an agile team environment.
* Ability to work closely with Product, Architecture & QA.
* Not just focus on delivering the product, but be able to drive the requirements from design to implementation.
* Conceptualize, code, deploy, and iterate on next generation prototypes
* Work independently and be able to lead multi-group cross-discipline environments