Software Engineer - Intern Masters
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Culver City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT US:
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
Norton Engineering builds products for real people in real-world situations. Our experts create security products that defend you, your family and the people you care about, against the newest threats out there. Norton s mission is to deliver the best possible protection for customer s digital lives, make their offerings easy to find, activate and use.
* The acceptable candidate will be an Engineer as Intern in a team that builds popular market-leading mobile security products.
* Works under some supervision, following defined procedures, build solutions to assure the security, availability and integrity of information.
* Participates code and design reviews on code written by development engineers for Android and iOS platforms.
* Works on adding new features using a variety of software programming languages including Objective C on iOS, Java on Android platform.
* Develop Unit Tests, tools and test automation.
* Should have ability to come up with good automation procedures and produce robust test results on Android platform.
* May be assigned to various software engineering projects that utilize skills above.
* Currently completing a Masters program in Computer Science or related field
* Programming knowledge of Java or C++/Objective C programming language.
* Experience in debugging mobile apps using both user mode and Android SDK/ eclipse/ Android Emulator/ Android Tools Plugin is a plus.
* Programming knowledge in Android and iOS platforms is preferred.
* Knowledge of Unit testing Frameworks.
* Fluent in spoken and written English.
*SYMANTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER IDENTITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.*
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.