Software Engineer Intern (Master's)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Culver City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We are seeking current students enrolled in our pursuing a MS degree to work in our Norton business unit.
* Learn and work on projects involving writing SQL scripts
* Work on tasks involving Java programming language
* Understand requirements quickly and provide estimates while shadowing an assigned team member
* Work in close conjunction with CM team to get new Jenkins jobs setup
* Help team members with testing some application features which involves understanding the use cases and scenarios first before getting in to implementation
Requirements + Qualifications:
* Computer science graduate working towards his Master's degree OR candidates who have already graduated with Computer Science major AND are planning to return for a Master s Program
* Knowledgeable in object oriented programming concepts
* Loves to code in Java and experiment with new open source technologies.
* Familiar with databases and SQL scripting
* Energetic and willing to learn and experiment
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.