Software Engineer- Java/ J2EE and AWS 8/31/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Software Engineer will design, develop, manage and deploy theDISASTER RECOVERY for the clients SaaS solutions
* Implement proof of concept capability of the Disaster Recovery solution in AWS by working with senior members of clients technology team
* Perform benchmark studies and publish results
* Following successful completion of the proof of concept, implement Production DR solution
* Evolve and enhance the DR infrastructure and platform as client adds new applications and technologies
* Consult the Development team on best practices related to reliable and efficient DR deployment
* Participate in DR simulations and fire drills
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* MS degree and 3-4years of relevant experience/ B.S with 6years of experience in C.S/Math
* Hands on experience working in the AWS environment. Preferably experience in migrating a physical data center environment to AWS, in addition to experience in building , and deploying scalable, highly available applications utilizing AWS stack such as EC2, R53, S3
* Strong Knowledge of Data Structures, Algorithms, Design and Architecture patterns.
* Experience using Python, Powershell and other scripting languages
* Experience building enterprise applications using JAVA / J2EE, PREFERABLY JBOSS
* Experience with SQL SERVER and windows based systems
* Experience working with large amounts of data, preferably with databases such as VERTICA
* ETL and Reporting experience a plus
* Ability to take initiative and take ownership of projects assigned
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Strong scientific documentation skills.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Team-player, positive attitude and flexible