Software Engineer - Java 8/10/2016
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Software Engineer writes, reviews and modifies computer software. Encoding, debugging, testing and documenting software programs are other tasks of a programmer analyst. Participate in software product definition, including Business case or Gap analysis, Specification and Requirements analysis, Development and refinement of throw-away simulations or prototypes to confirm requirements.
A Software Engineer collects and researches information regarding performance of software and then continues to work in improving its efficiency.
* Designing and suggesting innovative modifications in application systems.
* Developing efficiency in the creation and maintenance of various data base resources as well as managing various activities associated with data base management.
* Performing various tasks related to application programming.
* Performing wide range of activities associated with application analysis, programming and design functions.
* Developing, understanding, improving installation and operational procedures for various requirements like hardware, security, software storage, network, and communication systems.
* Working towards modifying and understanding operating interrelationships between operating systems and business applications.
* Developing specifications for communication systems, network, and software and hardware configurations.
* Developing or acquiring test data, testing and debugging to produce required results and revising the programs.
* Writing and maintaining program documentation as well as commenting the source code so that others can understand the program more easily.
Technical knowledge, skills and education:
* Experience in Jave Development, JSF, SQL, Oracle
* Experience with Web development including CSS, HTML5, XML
* Knowledge of Telerik or Ext-Js a plus
* Knowledge of Healthcare standard such as X12, HL7 a plus
* Knowledge of the operating principles and fundamental concepts of data communications.
* Ability to collect and analyze facts, to identify problems, and provide solutions.
* Ability to create detailed written instructions as well as documentation.
* Ability to handle various management tasks.
* Ability to prepare written and oral reports effectively.
* Should be able to set work priorities and assign project work to other team members.
* BS/BA in IT, MS-CS Preferred
It all begins with a Spark! At Netsmart we look for exceptional professionals who enjoy being part of a fast-paced and innovative environment. We value individual contributions in a team setting and offer a progressive set of support tools and training. We are proud to offer an excellent compensation package, which includes a complete suite of benefits for full-time associates.
Other benefits include:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available Day 1
* Life Insurance
* Short/Long Term Disability
* 401(k) Plan/EAP
Netsmart is committed to helping health and human services providers deliver effective, recovery-based care.
To learn about our culture, industry and job opportunities visit our career site, facebook or twitter account.
Ignite your career today!