Software Engineer, Java (San Diego, CA) 8/25/2016
Solana Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY QSI/NextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Software Engineer, Java (San Diego, CA)
In this role, you will be part of a great team of people developing modern web applications in large scale setting. This is a great position for someone that enjoys the challenges of deploying complex web applications in a production environment. Perfect for a self-starter with a passion for problem solving in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
* Troubleshoot issues, with minimal supervision in a timely manner.
* Designs and codes web based applications following specifications using the appropriate tools.
* Maintains and modifies existing applications.
* Performs maintenance programming for existing version of the application.
* Performs custom programming at customer request.
* Produces tests for developed software with reasonable test cases (includes unit, regression, integration tests where applicable).
* Responsible for configuration management of documents, code, tests, and artifacts related to tasks
* Implement high traffic web applications.
* Coordinate with the Quality Assurance Team to determine test plans and procedures.
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Minimum 0 - 2 years of web based application development experience, which may be obtained concurrent with education, working with Java technologies including, Servlets, SP development, JDBC, PL/SQL.
* Develop algorithms and code in Java.
* Master Degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Minimum two (2) years of Java expertise.
* Unit testing frameworks: JUnit, EasyMock, Mockito.
* PDF technologies: iText, RenderX, easyPDF.
* XML/XML related technologies: xPath Saxon, JAXB
* SQL and no-SQL databases.
QSI/NextGen believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because QSI/NextGen believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.