Software Engineer (Java full-stack Developer) (Maryland, Patuxent River )
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Patuxent River, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
VSolvit LLC is seeking a talented full-stack Software Engineer with a good base in Java and exposure to backend technologies. The development will be focused on supporting the US Navy, Foreign Military Sales Hawkeye E-2D Comprehensive Automated Maintenance Environment program. The E-2D Advanced Hawkeye Comprehensive Automated Maintenance Environment Optimized (CAMEO) Readiness Integration Center (RIC) project, located at Pax River AFB allows for all aspects of E-2D aircraft maintenance to be tracked and reported on. The CAMEO/RIC project provides Automated Logistics Environment (ALE) support for the engineering and maintainer communities of the E-2D Advanced Hawkeye Aircraft to domestic and international customers. The Software Engineer will be working in a Java / Hadoop environment and be comfortable on both front and backend development. A Java Developer with interest in adding new backend skills will have the ability to use this role as a development opportunity in which they can add new skills. The Software Engineer will be working with 2 other developers on a parallel program.
Aspects of the work that you will be involved in are as follows:
* Design, develop, test and document computer modeling and/or architecture.
* Collecting test data and criteria to analyze, score, and evaluate.
* Perform data conversion and coding, and/or data analysis and data reduction.
* Write, test and document code.
* Develop computer libraries and databases.
* Design, develop, test or review and analyze large scale database structures, data correlation and conversion techniques. Design and code database tools.
* Develop web applications and tools. Create or upgrade websites and/or web pages and graphics.
* Install and integrate software applications and hardware components. Resolve workstation hardware and software challenges.
About the stack: The software used is Hadoop ecosystems (e.g. Hive, Accumulo, HBase, etc.), text indexing engines (e.g., Apache Solr or Elastic Search), web technologies (AngluarJS, Bootstrap, etc.), HTML5, RESTful web service, and Java all in a Unix / Linux environment on distributed and parallel systems. The hardware is a collection of Dell servers running virtual machines.
* 4+ years full-stack software development experience
* 1+ years web-based applications using open-source technologies such as Tomcat, Apache and Central Authentication Service (CAS)
* 1+ years Java and J2EE server side software development
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Demonstrated knowledge of server-side software development using Java and J2EE.
* Experience working with XML and performing data translation and transformations using XSLT.
* Experience developing RESTful Web Services.
* Knowledge of web-based applications using open-source technologies, such as Tomcat, Apache and Central Authentication Service (CAS).
* Experience working with SQL/relational (i.e. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL/non-relational (i.e. MongoDB, Accumulo) databases.
* Experience working in UNIX environments and using text editors such as VI, VIM and/or Emacs.
* Testing and debugging skills, as well as collecting, developing, and analyzing test data.
* Experience working with \\"Big Data\\" analytics, conversion and reduction skills, with a focus on XML-based and relational-based data storage systems.
* Technical writing and communication skills.
* Ability to understand and apply new knowledge quickly.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
* 4+ years web-based applications using open-source technologies such as Tomcat, Apache and Central Authentication Service (CAS)
* 4+ years Java and J2EE server side software development
Must be a US Citizen
DoD Clearance level of Secret or ability to have reactivated within 2 years of having an active Secret or above clearance
VSolvit LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
DoD Secret or above or ability to reactivate a clearance held within the past 24 months.
Number of Openings
Proposal Letter Of Intent (LOI)
Web, Java, J2EE, XML, Hadoop, Big Data, Git, database, Oracle, full-stack, DoD, US Navy, Secret
This position is currently accepting applications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer