Software Engineer/ Junior Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Tree Top Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Programmer Analyst is responsible for defining, developing, testing, documenting, analyzing, and maintaining software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. Position will also research and share information about new technologies and build process work flows for how data relates to business processes.
This position reports to the I.S. Software Manager and does not supervise staff. The position works with all Tree Top departments, business partners, vendors, and training service providers.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. Tree Top may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
* Be a team member:Collaborate with cross-functional teams (technical and business) in the design of computer applications by participating in meetings to evaluate and gather business requirements, develop technical solutions, and implement the final result.
* Develop software:Participate in all parts of the software lifecycle (design, develop, test, and implement), based on business requirements and departmental standards.On a project basis, recommend ideas to the team to leverage the use of technology and determine the best technical approach to accomplish business objectives.Participate in code review, and quality testing for all software.
* Bring new ideas:Recommend ideas relating to programming languages, programming logic, database architecture, and other technical areas.
* Share what you know:Provide necessary support, training and documentation as required for business objectives by responding to user questions, resolving problems, preparing educational material, and delivering training when appropriate.
* Continue to learn: Maintain professional and technical knowledge by leveraging on-line technical resources, attending conferences, establishing personal and professional relationships, attending formal training classes, and pursuing certifications where appropriate.
* Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
* Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
* Creating software to support business objectives using a variety of integrated technical tools and techniques.
* Business process analysis and redesign.
* Design, implementation, and operation of IS systems.
* Understanding of software business and practices (Good Manufacturing Practices).
* Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
* Work with the team and the Project Manager to build clear plans for a variety of IS-related projects and/or programs.
* Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
* Gain cooperation through collaboration, discussion and persuasion.
* Be a strong team player.
* Identify, research, analyze, and document problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
* Have good customer service and communication skills, use those skills to communicate and understand business needs.
* Meet behaviors established in Tree Top s performance management and development process.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING: REQUIRED:
* Associate s degree in information services, a related field or equivalent work experience in software development.
* (Experience is required for Programmer Analyst level): Minimum of 3 years of experience in designing, developing, and implementing applications in a broad number of business areas with multiple technologies, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
* Bachelor s degree in information systems or related field.
* Experience with:
* REST API s
* SOAP based web services
* Git or other version control system
* Constantly works in an office environment
* Constantly deals with highly confidential information
* Occasionally travels, including overnight stays, to other worksites, for off-site meetings, and for training purposes
* Occasionally works with dissatisfied or angry customers
* Occasionally works from home
* Physical requirements of the job:
* Occasionally lifts up to 20 pounds
* Vision requirements: Constantly uses near vision and color vision
* Constantly talks, types, listens/uses hearing, and/or sits
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
Tree Top is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.