Software Engineer, Level 3
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 2/7/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
Software Engineer, Level 3
Software Engineer, Level 3 K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K a great place to work.
Working with other software engineers and engineering staff, the Software Engineer, Level 3, takes a leadership role in performing full-cycle software development tasks in an Agile Software Development environment, including requirement and specification analysis, software design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER, LEVEL 3 YOU WILL . . .
* Collaborate with Product Management, Business Analysis, Quality Assurance and User Experience teams to perform analysis of Functional Requirements, User Stories and specifications;
* Design, document and implement Java web applications and Oracle database changes to fulfill Functional Requirements, User Stories and Architectural goals;
* Work closely with engineering team members and architects to design, develop, and test all tiers of the application platform presentation, business service and persistence/database tiers;
* Demonstrate and apply strong technical leadership and knowledge to develop high quality, resilient software, as an individual contributor, as part of a scrum team or as the technical lead operating across one or more scrum teams;
* Perform design and code reviews; Consult with operations engineers, database architecture and other team members to evaluate and improve operational and performance aspects of the overall system;
* Champion the efforts of the Emergent Design and Technology road map teams to continuously evolve the platform;
* Take initiative in resolving challenging, complex issues across the lifecycle, including production support, development operations, continuous improvement, increasing quality;
* Evaluate and prototype new products and capabilities, and provide insight on resulting value proposition;
* Participate in on-going maintenance and support of software systems;
* Provide support for installation of software systems;
* Monitor industry trends on web technologies and related concerns to aid with roadmap planning and risk mitigation;
* Help mentor, guide and review the work of more junior software engineers.
RIGHT FOR YOU*
* Do you communicate well*
* Can you build customer confidence*
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action*
* Is your manner honest and straightforward*
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines*
* Do you value others' opinions*
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field AND
* Six (6) years of experience in software development with four (4) of those developing web applications OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* 5+ years experience with Advanced CSS2/3 and HTML4/5
* Experience with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7-10, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Apple Safari cross Browser issues on Mac and Windows Operation Systems
* 5+ years of experience with relational database programming: ORM tools (e.g. iBatis, Hibernate), Complex SQL, stored procedure, Oracle 10 or higher, JDBC, CASE Studio
* Experience designing data models (logical and physical models), and constructing database schemas and complex SQL queries
* Experience with the following programming languages and technologies: Java, J2EE, Build Systems (Maven, ANT etc), IDEs (Eclipse, NetBeans, etc.), revision control tools (e.g. Subversion)
* Experience with different web application servers, e.g. Tomcat, Apache
* Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and Object Oriented Design Patterns
* Experience with code optimization and performance tuning
* Experience working with remote/offsite team members
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Prior Agile/Scrum experience in a professional environment
* Knowledge and experience with: internationalization, portal development, Flash Action Script and 508 compliance
WHO ARE WE*
* An Open Letter from Nate Davis, Executive Chairman, K12 Inc.
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend