Software Engineer - Linux / C
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Hansell Tierney on behalf of client
JOB DESCRIPTIONHansell Tierney is helping our client, a leader in Network Security and Threat Management products, with a direct hire/FTE search for a Software Engineer Linux/C.
LOCATION - Downtown Seattle, WA (LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY)
JOB TITLE - SOFTWARE ENGINEER LINUX/C
The candidate will be a member of an autonomous development team creating new functionality for network security products. The candidate will be expected to work with the team to break down user stories, implement new features, develop functional prototypes for evaluation, and write functional specifications and test plans.
The ideal candidate has strong programming skills, an interest in network security, and experience creating excellent user experiences.
* Design and implement great user experiences for security features on both "thick" and "thin" clients
* Prototype and launch new features in cooperation with designers, product management and other team members
* Demonstrate creativity in finding optimal ways to implement features
* Create unit tests to prove code works as expected, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail
* Perform bug verification, release testing, and beta support for assigned products
* Provide meaningful input in discussions and analysis on new features
* 5+ years of professional programming experience with C and Linux
* 3+ years of experience in designing and developing network products
* Experience in multiple threads, socket, IPC, etc.
* Good understanding about TCP/IP, AAA, HTTPS, SNMP, etc.
* Experience in Linux kernel, python is a big plus
* Familiarity with Test Driven Design and automated unit testing
* BS in CS or an equivalent combination of education and experience