Software Engineer Mgr-EAR138
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Help define and build the tools, services, and sites needed to accelerate the Allrecipes product vision. This includes working with product owners to build the technical vision and the technical roadmap of both incremental and new services and sites to enable these capabilities.
Help define and build the tools, services, and sites needed to accelerate the Allrecipes product vision. This includes working with product owners to build the technical vision and the technical roadmap of both incremental and new services and sites to enable these capabilities. Your primary responsibility will be to hire, build, and retain a team to execute on this vision and scale existing services and sites. You should have a strong love and passion for technology, problem solving, and a strong desire to deliver quality software as quickly as possible with great performance. A strong foundation in agile software development practices is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage team of Software Engineers: provide technical direction, schedule and delegate work, evaluate performance, advise on best practices and developing for a high-traffic scalable website, review code, mentor engineers
- Analyze requirements and provide time estimates: consume non-technical functional requirements documentation, provide feedback when necessary, translating into technical documentation when necessary, provide feasibility assessment and estimate level of effort to implement
- Help develop, communicate and enforce workflows: work with VP Development and QA to assure that clear workflow is established and followed within the team
- Coordinate with QA, IT Operations, and Database Administrators on testing, launch planning, launch, and troubleshooting/optimization of features post-launch.
- In addition to management responsibilities, also act as an individual contributor toward engineering projects:
- Website feature implementation: build new features and enhancements on the Allrecipes.com website
- Windows and web application development: build new internal applications to support content management
- Architecture: participate in technical design of new and expanding systems and infrastructure; aid in creating documentation for new and existing systems
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements
- A Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or 7+ years of relevant experience is required.
- 8+ years of progressive technical experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of progressive technical experience working in web development on high-volume websites.
- 1+ years leading engineering teams
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Software engineering managers are player coaches who should be both able both contribute to code but also lead engineers on their team to deliver high quality software:
- Hands-on experience with service-oriented architecture architecting and delivering SOAP and/or REST web services with strong preference for WCF and/or WebAPI experience.
- Microsoft .NET Framework. Proficiency with C#, ASP.NET MVC, EntityFramework, ADO.NET
- Testing and/or automation frameworks like Microsoft Test or NUnit.
- Strong knowledge of the following technologies/concepts
- Object Oriented Design and programming techniques
- Service-Oriented Architecture, APIs, WCF, REST
- Distributed caching
- SQL Server, Transact-SQL, Query optimization
- .NET Framework 3.5, 4.0
- C# 4.0
- ASP.NET 3.5, 4.0
- Deep understanding how to build and lead agile engineering teams to deliver services quickly with high quality and great performance and then iterate to progressively deliver more features post launch.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver scaled services in production environment with specific domain expertise for content sites desired. Including knowledge and experience designing across client/server, services for the cloud, and distributed computation.
Impact and Influence
- Strong track record leading software development teams and leadership including driving change across a diverse set of partner teams at varying levels of seniority and technical depth.
- Ability to work with product owners to build the right technical vision for the product roadmap that both supports the vision but also improves our ability to release features faster with higher quality and better performance.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, build, mentor, and lead strong engineering teams is crucial
- Strong ability to think strategically while acting tactically to drive change
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done.
- Uphold and evangelize Allrecipes core culture values and the Allrecipes brand values in every day responsibilities.
- A passion for learning and bringing new technologies and practices to a team
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate with internal and external customers at all levels, including management/non-technical audiences
- Demonstrable software architecture and strong software design skills
- Be humble..