Software Engineer - Middle -Tier
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Vector Talent Resources currently has an opening for a Software Engineer (Middle-Tier Focus) to support one of our clients located in Newington, VA.
Our client is actively looking for a Software Engineer to support systems development activities and ongoing operations and maintenance (O&M) support tasks for a mission-critical application for the Department of Homeland Security (Client) CBP.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in web-based software development including at least 2 years with Java JEE application development
* Knowledge of database access using JPA with frameworks like OpenJPA, Hibernate, Spring
* Demonstrated ability to think analytically and creatively to develop innovative solutions to resolve software problems
* Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative and also in self-directed manner in a fast moving environment
* Familiarity with SQL, database design techniques and relational database such as Oracle
* Knowledge of development tools such as Eclipse, Git, and Jenkins
* Experiencewith JSON RESTful services with frameworks like Jersey
* Familiarity with HTML5, CSS
* The following are a plus:
* Knowledge of JMS connecting to IBM MQ or other queuing mechanism
* Good understanding of SSL/TLS, security certificate installs, and configurations
* Exposure to Quartz Job Scheduler or other timer services
* Experience with Application Servers such as WebLogic in clustered environment
* First-hand experience working with large project teams (i.e. with the Federal Government)