This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT THE TEAM:
Veritas enables organizations to harness the power of their information, with solutions designed to serve the world s largest and most complex heterogeneous environments. Veritas NetBackup is the world's leading backup and recovery solution for enterprise data centers and hybrid clouds. With its vast array of hardware, operating system, virtualization, database, application, and storage-related technologies, the modern data center is a complicated place. That s why NetBackup has long been the trusted choice for enterprises seeking to reduce that complexity and make data protection as manageable as possible for their limited staff. NetBackup is a single solution for the entire enterprise, available on a converged platform, and instrumented to require minimal administration in even the largest, most dynamic environments.
Joining the globally distributed Engineering team, you will be working with highly skilled engineers on one of Veritas s leading and highest revenue earning flagship software product.
We re looking for software engineers with the ideas and innovative approach to take us into the future. You will need to have degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with a focus on Software Engineering such as IT, Computer Studies or Sciences. You ll have the confidence to speak up, suggest new ways of doing things and give our business a fresh impetus. Full of enthusiasm, creative and naturally curious, you ll have a real talent for solving problems.
* Be a part of a development team following the AGILE development process, responsible for delivering feature content including test automation for product releases
* Develop cross-platform (Unix, Linux, and Windows) software
* Planning and commitment of sprint goals to meet the definition of done.
* You will be accountable for high quality and timely delivery of feature and sprint commitments to meet the definition of done.
* Participate in reviews of requirements, design, source code, and supporting documentation
* Troubleshoot and resolve product issues through teamwork
* Participate in improvement of existing development and testing procedures and processes
Skills: * Strong coding and debugging skills in Java, C/C++, Perl, any other scripting languages
* Strong analytical thinking and ability to analyze and optimize existing software applications for purpose of maintenance or redesign.
* Demonstrable understanding of UNIX/Windows system components and their interactions a plus, including file systems.
* Strong background in OO concepts, and multi-threaded programming.
* Strong QA test automation knowledge
* Knowledge of enterprise level software deployment
* Nice to have working knowledge of REST based API development
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of relevant experience
* Master s degree preferred.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.