Software Engineer Network Integration
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
Riverbed is the leader in application performance infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for the hybrid enterprise to ensure applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues can be proactively detected and resolved before impacting business performance. Riverbed is trusted by the world s best brands for the delivery of superior application performance for their globally connected enterprises. Riverbed s 26,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global100. Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in annual revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
Riverbed is actively seeking Software Engineers to help build the next generation of software-defined networking infrastructure. We are looking for developers with an interest in Software Defined Networking (SDN), distributed control plane algorithms, network overlays, and underlay dynamic routing protocols. As a member of this team, you will be in charge of designing and implementing high performance network service functions and a control plane that scales to thousands of nodes across a wide-area-network.
What you should have
* You have 3-5 years of experience in software development
* You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and computer networking
* You believe that C/C++ are fundamental programming languages but also believe in the right tool for getting the job done
* You understand Linux system internals
* You possess a deep understanding TCP/IP
* You write readable, testable and maintainable code
* Strong and clear communicator that can concisely explain complex software design considerations
* Passion for end-to-end feature delivery and ownership with an eye on simplified configuration and management
What will help you further
* Experience with routing protocols like OSPF, BGP, RIP for highly scalable systems
* Experience with high performance user-mode data plane
* Competitive salaries
* 401k (with company match)
* pre-IPO stock in a company with over $1 billion in revenue
* Industry leading medical, dental and vision insurance
* Paid time off
* Your choice of Apple or PC equipment
* Internal training programs to keep your skills current
* Friendly, collaborative and flexible work culture
* Weekly happy hour!
The WAN Optimization Group
The wide area network (WAN) is the foundation of a globally connected enterprise, enabling collaboration, communication, business productivity, and risk mitigation. When you join the WAN Optimization Group, you ll have a hand in creating the products and solutions that are critical to everything organizations do over networks. You ll work with top engineers to break the barriers that constrain businesses, and enable them to run faster and more efficiently. The group s industry-leading products are built on our patented technology that accelerates applications through data, transport, and application streamlining. RiOS is the foundation of award-winning products, including SteelHeadTM CX, SteelHeadTM EX, SteelHeadTM SaaS, SteelCentralTM Controller for SteelHeadTM, and SteelHeadTM Interceptor.
Why Riverbed Technology*
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.
Job Segments: Networking, Systems, Kernel, SDN, TCP
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.