- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
Make an impact, win as a team and celebrate success in our fun, fast-paced environment. We take care of our employees every way we can, with comprehensive benefits, cool perks, fun offices...and unlimited gummy bears. Here are a few of the benefits that our employees love:
* Competitive compensation plans
* Generous employee stock purchase plan
* 7 days off per year to volunteer
* Nonprofit donations matched up to $5K per year
* Organized volunteer trips worldwide
* Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
As a member of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud development team, you will join a group of developers and designers who are experts in rich user-interface and web application development using cutting edge services and frameworks. You will also employ industry-standard design patterns and solid web architecture and design skills to build highly available, high-performing services for our partners and customers as well as for our own software product development teams.
We are looking for top-notch software developers to lead the evolution of our pioneering marketing platform. Join our team in the development of new products and infrastructure to support the latest enterprise initiatives.
* Architect and build highly scalable web-based applications through all phases of the development lifecycle (initial designs to production deployments)
* Enhance our platform to provide discovery, reporting, and publishing services for a wide array of content delivery channels
* Involvement in all steps of the development process, including analysis, design, testing, documentation and implementation
* Develop and test software components using current industry tools and processes
* Sub-system owner during project design, development, and post-deployment phases. Accountable for supporting software components and services in both non-production and production environments
* Experience in an Object Oriented Development Language (C#, Java, PHP, Ruby)
* SQL performance tuning and optimization
* Experience developing and exposing REST services
* Experience working in an agile development shop with continuous integration as a core value
* A desire to automate repetitive tasks
* Motivated self-starter with the ability and drive to perform in a fast-paced environment, with multiple tasks, deadlines and changing priorities
* Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently
* A well-developed sense of humor
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING ARE CONSIDERED STRONG ASSETS:
* Hbase, Hadoop, ElasticSearch or similar technologies
* Performance and Memory Tuning
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.