Software Engineer (Node.js) 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE: SOFTWARE ENGINEER (NODE.JS)
LOCATION: DURHAM, NC 27709
DURATION: 12 MONTHS (W2 CONTRACT)
* As a Software Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for participating in the development, testing and debugging of applications used by the Field Tech Team for selling Client's products and services.
* The goal of the Productivity Tools organization is to increase the effectiveness of Client's employees and partners by providing desktop and web-based applications that make them more efficient in doing their jobs.
* The Productivity Tools organization is focused on responding to user requirements, supportability, advances in Client's products and technologies, product quality, product cost and time-to-market.
* Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development.
* This position requires an individual to be creative, a quick learner, driven to produce results and demonstrates the ability to lead small teams or projects.
* Work on implementation and verification of systems/subsystems.
* Responsible for providing support in development and testing activities of other engineers that involve several interdependencies.
* Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
* Work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards.
* A strong understanding of complex concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices.
* Ability to estimate work completion required to build an overall predictable plan.
* Follow standard engineering principles and practices.
* Resourceful in applying creative ideas to solve problems.
* Experience writing web applications using Node.js is required.
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum process is required.
* Experience following Test-Driven Development methodology is required.
* Experience using Node frameworks such as HAPI and React is required. (MEAN stack experience is acceptable as well.)
* Experience using source code configuration management systems is required. Mercurial and HgFlow experience is desirable.
* Experience with levelDB or other NoSQL databases is optional, but desirable.
* Experience with Kibana, openTSDB, Redis, ElasticSearch is optional, but desirable.
* Experience with beanstalkd (work queue) is optional, but desirable.
* Familiarity with Client's Pre/Post-Sales tools such as Synergy, TRT, CMPG, Hardware Universe, or Config Advisor is optional, but desirable.
o Testing and/or Unit Testing
o Test automation
o Performance analysis
o Critical and/or high visibility customer support* Participate in technical discussions within the team and with other groups within Business Units associated with specified projects.
* Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department and company goals.
* Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers.