This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Healthcare Industry, AMN Healthcare is the clear choice. As America's largest and most respected health care staffing and management services company, we are the recognized leader in nursing, physician, and allied professionals. As part of the AMN team you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. AMN will help you reach your professional and personal goals everyday while making a meaningful contribution. Experience for yourself The AMN Difference!
The SOFTWARE ENGINEER -Avantas will be responsible for the overall design for software projects, including participation in the definition and design of software products, both new and existing to build a secure and scalable product suite.
* Evaluate core technologies to be employed for a project (the technology stack) and design the interfaces and dependencies of the most significant subsystems
* Coordinate the technical design of the system with overall responsibility for facilitating the major technical decisions expressed as software architecture
* Conduct feasibility of proposed designs to determine their ability to function as intended; Write and maintain technical documentation throughout all phases of software development
* Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services hosting solution and keeping current on the new offerings of AWS services
* Develop and implement coding policies and standards for the software development department
* Daily interaction with developers, project managers, and product management
* Work closely with developers to collaborate on efficient, scalable, and maintainable cross-application solutions
* In conjunction with the Senior Director of Innovation, oversee the development team s assignments to ensure efficiency and alignment of the development team
* Implementation and execution of code review processes
* Responsible for monitoring third party work in terms of quality, efficiency, and adherence to standards
* Responsibilities include involvement in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (Agile & Waterfall) including technical requirements analysis, technical design, development, testing, deployment, and production support
* Mentor and coach junior software development team members on development best practices and standards
* Responsible for technological innovation of the support applications and processes
* Responsible for risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture including alignment to AMN and Avantas Information Security policies and procedures
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related foreign academic equivalent
* 7 years of progressive work experience in open source technology solutions
* Amazon Web Services code deploy, RDS, EC2, S3 and like technologies
* Strong coding and software design skills in Spring Boot, Groovy, Hibernate
* Oracle 11g/12C, MySQL, SQL Server 2008/2012,
* Proficient in Service Oriented Architecture, including SOA and SaaS, Web Services, WSDL, SOAP, REST & RPC, JSON and Web Content Management Technologies
* Demonstrated DevOps automation and orchestration experience using tools such as Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Git, BitBucket, Jira
* Collaborative leadership experience supporting technology and product road map decisions
* Knowledge of Data Warehouse design with integration into Business Intelligence systems
* Knowledge of statistical modeling tools such as R and IBM SPSS
Respect * Passion * Continuous Improvement * Trust * Customer Focus * Innovation
AMN HEALTHCARE IS AN EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER
WE ENCOURAGE MINORITY AND FEMALE APPLICANTS TO APPLY
We value professionalism in everything we do this includes the professional presence we project as we interact with internal and external customers.