Software Engineer, Online
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 1/7/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhat you ll be doing
You will be developing infrastructure and features for a hosted dynamic visual analysis and collaboration product suite which allow people to share rich interactive stories about data. Thousands to millions of people will use your software, either directly by creating and contributing content, or indirectly by encountering it embedded into other sites on the Internet. Some of the things you ll be doing include
* Moving between the front and back end of the system, extending the product with new functionality or infrastructure critical to running an Internet-scale system.
* Taking on a variety of projects such as integration with social platforms, extending the ability of users to define how their content is experienced, and analytics around how people are using the product.
You will start your work on Tableau s sign-in team that has the Tableau s authentication system responsibility and own their end-to-end stack for it.
Who you are *LI-JV1
* Relentlessly High Standards. You believe in automation and writing tests for your own code as a way of maintaining high quality in your products.
* Highly Technical. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people. You love writing things that just work things that are robust, scalable, and that perform well.
* A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better developers.
* You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Data Consent: Tableau Software Inc. and its other subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively called Tableau) is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal sensitive information you provide us with. By submitting your CV, you are explicitly agreeing to any personal information that you have supplied being used by Tableau in the pursuit of recruiting activities. This information will be held in accordance with the relevant Data Protection Privacy laws and regulations relevant to your country of residence. You further agree that Tableau may retain this information for a reasonable period of time. As Tableau is a global company, your information may be transferred and available internationally, including in countries that do not have privacy laws.