This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
At AVISTA, our business success is driven by the engineers that contribute to and deliver our services to clients every day. We work to attract and develop world class engineers who work as part of teams to produce results. We are currently looking to expand our software engineering team with engineers who have a desire to contribute to the success of our aerospace and medical projects. We have a team environment where engineers work on emerging industry technology using the latest software development techniques and tools.
AVISTA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, is an industry leader in providing safety-critical and mission-critical software development and systems engineering services to the world s leading aerospace, defense, medical and industrial manufacturers. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems.
This is an exciting opportunity for an eager entry level candidate to gain industry experience, or for an experienced candidate to research, develop, prototype and maintain state-of-the-art embedded software systems. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to gain broad experience across the avionics, medical, and industrial fields, and specialize in an area of interest. We currently have positions available located in Platteville, WI, Cedar Rapids, IA, Blaine, MN and Dayton, OH.
Experience may include:
* Strong knowledge of C/C++, C#, Ada, and Python or Perl
* Model-based design, Simulink a plus
* Experience with development of GUI interfaces
* System and software requirement capture, software architecture development, DOORS a plus
Other desired experience includes:
* Experience on avionics software systems developed and verified to DO-178B/C Level C or higher
* Experience with medical software devices developed and verified to IEC 62304 Class 1 3
* Experience with embedded systems real-time software development and verification
* Experience with test environment development, LabView a plus
Basic Qualifications include:
* Bachelor's degree in applicable engineering or science field (i.e. Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science)
* 4 + years of experience in the medical or aerospace fields a plus
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).