Software Engineer 9/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Optomi is in partnership with a local media advertising company that is looking for a SoftwareEngineer that will be responsible for all aspects of the development and delivery of applications as well as leading and mentoring junior members of the team.
WHAT THE CANDIDATE WILL ENJOY:
Cool office, with a great company culture
Team outings, and great benefits
Named one of Baltimore's best places to work
Work with latest and greatest technologies in a fast paced team/environment
Develop and deliver application source code
Develop and deliver test plans to effectively run through and test the operational capabilities of applications
Modify existing applications to improve performance or operational efficiency based upon updated flow charts and user requirements
Develop and update applications to meet specific user interface needs and / or specific business operations needs
Meet the deliverables and schedule of a software development project
Support business and technology teams as necessary during delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions
Communicate complex technical solutions in clear, concise and easily readable format to both technical and non-technical
* Proficient in multiple high-level languages, e.g., Java, C++, C#, C.
* Familiar with multiple high-level scriptinglanguages, e.g., python, perl, ruby, scala
* Proficient in multiple scriptinglanguages, e.g., awk, bash, ksh, csh, powershell
* Proficient in Big Datatechnologies, e.g., Hadoop, HBase, Hive, MapReduce
* Proficient in search technologies, e.g., Lucene, Solr
* Familiar with NoSQL technologies, e.g., Cassandra, Redis, CouchBase, MongoDB, memCached
* Proficient in multiple operating systems, e.g., Windows, Linux, MacOs
* Proficient in multiple databasetechnologies and concepts, e.g., MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, stored procedures, views, triggers
* Familiar with columnar-oriented databases, e.g., InfoBright, RedShift, Cloudera, HBase.