This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20003941
The IT Software Engineer has specific responsibilities of leading application development systems design, while interfacing with our vendor partners. The delivery of reliable and secure software solutions meeting the operational specifications required through development of the system logic. Responsible for reviewing and guiding the code of other team members through reviews. This role is empowered and accountable for software systems designs, including loosely coupled designs across verticals and platforms. Triage, debugging, surveillance & monitoring are all key activities for non-development environments. Professional growth of knowledge across both technical and operational domains is required. Expectations include innovation and critical thinking leading to decision making driving towards efficient, simple solutions answering to complex business needs. Partner with fellow COE team members, Planning, Architecture, Infrastructure, and Operational teams towards constructing solutions while progressing towards the approved enterprise technology stack. This position is also responsible for looking for synergy across Specialty applications, and realizing benefits gained sharing features across home delivery applications.
* Partner with employees and vendor partner consultants from different locations in the development and delivery of Specialty software applications.
* Works to develop skills, self-motivated, provides feedback to others, and oversees resolution technical issues and complexities. Identify process improvement and code synergies achieved through innovative ideas and critical thinking.
* Consult with business departments as needed. Ensures projects/initiatives are completed within designated time frames and tracks progress reports to management.
* Works on resolution of urgent and on-going problems to ensure their team s contribution to overall reliability.
* Trusted advisor to Operations and cross-functional team members, providing data and technical insight from the application metrics, pertaining to business impact.
* Ensures defects are quickly assessed and/or mitigated and resolved, whether in non-production or production.
* Represents Information Technology in cross-functional meetings and projects. Prepares for, implements and communicates new corporate initiatives and processes within assigned team.
* College degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
* Proven technical leadership skills in leading high talent teams in local and remote locations.
* 5-8 years experience in software development, preferably 1-2 years at ESI or in the PBM industry.
* Focus areas for this role will include the contact centers, digital channel engagement, and overall patient and physician engagement. Experience in these areas is a strong plus
* Ability to be an agent of change, handle complex technical problems into smaller simple solutions, and create a culture that supports high team morale.
* Thorough knowledge of IT concepts, procedures and practices in the Software Development Life Cycle.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Agile process and iterative development as it applies to software delivery.
* SOFEA/ MULE, J2EE, Oracle forms, Oracle PL/SQL, Eclipse, .NET, iOS, HTML5, design patterns and software development experience is a plus
* Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
* Experience with strategic work planning and budgeting.
* Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
* Strong customer service focus.
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
* Familiarity with health care or PBM industry very helpful.
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
* Willingness to travel limited amounts.
* Travel is expected for 10% of their time.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Application Development is focused on creating, testing and deploying client and patient applications that run our renowned customized service delivery system. These teams use traditional and Agile application development disciplines, depending on client, partner and patient requirements. The following functional areas make up the Application Development community:
HOME DELIVERY & APPLICATION SERVICES
This team leads application development strategy and execution, and business relationship management for Home Delivery and patient systems. They also manage all centralized functions for quality assurance, release management and production support operations.
Home Delivery oversees application development strategy and execution, including business relationship management for all Home Delivery, Contact and Digital systems.
PHARMACY BENEFIT MANAGEMENT (PBM)
The PBM group is responsible for application design, development and strategy for all core PBM systems including Benefits & Eligibility, Clinical Programs, Coverage Review Determination, Supply Chain, Retail Networks, Client Data, Adjustments and Claims Adjudication. This team partners with Clinical Solutions, Client Services, Supply Chain, Operations, Product and Account Management to bring innovative solutions and service to clients and patients.
The Specialty team manages application development, strategy and execution, and business relationship management for Specialty systems.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.