This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONTALASCEND IS CURRENTLY SEEKING A STAFF SOFTWARE ENGINEER FOR A CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY LOCATED IN ST PETERSBURG, FLORIDA.
Plans and performs engineering research, design and development assignments normally involving several smaller or less important projects or one major project. Estimates engineering personnel needs; schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications; coordinates and leads engineers and technicians assigned to projects, reviews progress and evaluates results. Make changes in methods, design or equipment where necessary.
* Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or total project of moderate scope.
* Studies the operation of systems, selects major components to meet functional and operational requirements, and determines the optimum location and arrangement from an engineering, manufacturing and/or service standpoint.
* Performs original highly complex analysis and design work of systems and component parts in accordance with specifications.
* Reviews and evaluates designs executed by others to satisfy product/program requirements.
* Performs work that involves conventional engineering practices but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
* Supervises test programs, including preparation of test specifications for prototype equipment resulting from engineering analysis or design.
* May provide technical direction and coordination over the work of lower level engineers.
* Assists in preparation of bids and proposals as required. May assume more direct role in technical proposal writing.
* Must have 4-8 years' experience with software design, analysis and development using C/C++ for Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) on a Linux platform.
* Technical skills such as C++, QT, and Linux are required.
* Must successfully pass a customer required background screen to include credit.
* Work requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a good working knowledge of principles and practice of related specialties.
* Excellent analytical skills required.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail.
* Demonstrated ability to deliver to requirements and specifications.
* Candidate must have current passport and be able to travel internationally (5-10%) at a moment's notice. Travel may take place for up to two weeks per visit.
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in CIS, MIS or Computer Science required.