Software Engineer 9/3/2016
Arts & Entertainment Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
DURATION: 18+ MONTHS
LOCATION: SEATTLE, WA 98104
* Developing, unit testing and implementing complex software from the ground up.
* Understanding and reviewing functional requirements and technical specs, providing clear guidelines to operations for implementing new products and answering/driving solutions to technical and implementation issues.
* Taking leadership in owning features/bugs and driving them to completion
* Researching and evaluating new technologies and solutions
* Being a technical leader for the team, sharing responsibility with other senior team members for resolving technical problems and answering questions about the platform.
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Math, EE or equivalent experience in field
* 5 years of software design and development
* Experience in design and development using object oriented techniques.
* Java development experience
* Working knowledge of relational databases
* Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
* Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
* Experience working in agile teams (e.g., Scrum, XP)
* Expert in cross group communication, able to get buyoff from business, operations and peers.
* Experience working with NoSqldatabases such as Cassandra and Mongo
* Maven experience
10 years of software design and development