Software Engineer, Pandora On Demand
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 5/23/2017
Pandora Media Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People--the listeners, the artists, and our employees--are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we're looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora's Listeners group builds features for the many tens of millions of Pandora listeners each month. We have an opportunity for an engineer who excels in building high quality, well tested, and scalable features for our listeners as we expand the breadth of our product. We're looking for engineers passionate about producing high quality server-side applications that will reach huge audiences.
You should have demonstrated engineering skills in multiple languages, experience with building large-scale systems, and a passion for learning new skills. You should have an understanding of high-performance and scalable Java application development, and experience with building real-world robust applications, and applying modern software development methodologies including unit testing, build automation, and comprehensive code review. You should be highly motivated to ship features, and to grow professionally in an important role.
* Minimum 2 years professional experience
* A passion for building high quality software
* Experience developing server software in Java
* Experience working with back end databases (PostgreSQL preferred), using SQL
* Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms
* Experience with automated testing
* Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience developing Python
* Experience with other database systems, possibly including noSQL
* Experience with Agile software development
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read \\"Request for Reasonable Accommodation\\".