Software Engineer-Test Automation(12 mos.assign.)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTest Automation Engineer
Help us break our products! If you are a coder with a knack for testing, we re interested in you.
Our goal is product quality. This is challenging work, as you will create software that will run against a variety of applications on various platforms, including Linux, Windows, and Mac OS. You will work with popular development tools and automation frameworks. You will review product designs and write relevant test cases. You will write code to exercise various features of our products. You will use your development and troubleshooting skills to improve our automation framework. You will use your cunning skills to find ways to cause the product to fail. You will be part of a dedicated team, using agile processes in tight integration with product development.
* Strong understanding of software testing principles and a dedication to quality
* Strong Java programming skills
* Solid grasp of Computer Science and object design (BS in CS or similar preferred)
* Experience writing Java unit tests using JUnit, TestNG, etc.
* Experience working on Linux/UNIX, Windows, and Mac
* Proficient with command line tools
* Good communication skills in English
* Work well in a team
* Working experience with test automation frameworks (Selenium WebDriver, etc.)
* Experience with development or testing of cloud applications
* Experience using source code management tools (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
* Experience with databases
* Good at troubleshooting and debugging software issues
Great Work Environment
* Well-endowed laptop, dual external displays, etc.
* Modern, open concept office in downtown Calgary, one block away from the LRT
* Snacks in the kitchen
* Games for break time
* Fun people, smart people
If you use a computing device (we know you do!), chances are Synopsys products were used in designing, improving, and securing it. With our growing family of software quality and security tools, we're making software better and stronger for the real world. For more, see:
Be part of this fast growing world of people dedicated to better software.