Software Engineer (UW)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Verisk Insurance Solutions
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 20160314-6994-CL
Company Name: Verisk Insurance Solutions
Verisk Insurance Solutions / Underwriting, is seeking Software Engineers to develop our next generation products and services. You will have an opportunity work with exciting, cutting-edge technologies that will that enable us to deliver innovative, fast, scalable and reliable products and services to our customers.
In this role, you will be working alongside a diverse group of talented individuals that are responsible for creating and maintaining high traffic, web-based products and services depended on by top insurance companies for their daily business.
What you get to do every day:
* Design and develop high performance REST web services and web applications using C# / ASP.NET.
* Work with our Telematics team to build an IOT platform for collecting and analyzing vehicle data
* Drive migration of legacy products to next generation SOA platform
* Be involved in all phases of the software lifecycle
* Successfully deploy applications through the development, QA, and production stages
* Proactively seek out and minimize pain points within the infrastructure and code base
* Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and
introduce them as needed
What you bring to the role:
* Be comfortable working in a dynamic environment
* Be focused, passionate, and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems
* Have a bachelor s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field and a minimum of two (2) years full-time work experience with web application or web service development
* Have previous experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, or component-oriented software engineering and have demonstrable proficiencies in C#/ASP.NET and database experience with SQL Server 2012 and/or Cassandra
* Working knowledge of SOA fundamentals REST, SOAP, XML, JSON, Message Queues
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
* Experience working with large-scale production systems and/or data platforms
* Experience must include each of the following Database design, performance optimization, and proficiency in data structures and algorithms
* Experience with parallel processing, asynchronous applications, or enterprise service bus middleware systems is strongly desired
Technologies Used By This Position:
* Backend languages: C#/ASP.NET
* Database: SQL Server 2012, Cassandra
* Search: Solr
* BigData: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Shark
* OS: Windows Server 2012, RHEL 6.5
* Middleware: WSO2
Salary commensurate with qualifications. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible health and dependent care spending accounts, commute assistance, 401(k), and Paid Time Off (PTO).
To be considered for this position, please provide the following:
1. Cover letter summarizing related experience and expertise
3. Salary history and expectations
4. Professional references
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
Due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to respond to every applicant.
Verisk Insurance Solutions / Underwriting, a unit of Verisk Analytics (VRSK), provides technology rich solutions in Underwriting to the Property & Casualty insurance industry. These advanced analytical solutions address challenging problems related to risk and decision-making in P&C insurance underwriting. We combine vast data resources with cutting-edge technology to create innovative and technically rigorous solutions.
Verisk Analytics, a NASDAQ100 company, is a leading source of information about risk. We offer risk-assessment services and decision analytics to professionals in insurance, healthcare, mortgage, government, risk management, and other fields. In the United States and around the world, Verisk Analytics helps customers protect people, property, and financial assets. To learn more about Verisk Analytics and Verisk Insurance Solutions, please visit www.verisk.com and http://www.verisk.com/underwriting/ respectively.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.