Software Engineer (UW)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Verisk Insurance Solutions
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160909-8231-CL
Company Name: Verisk Insurance Solutions
Verisk Insurance Solutions / Underwriting, is seeking Software Engineers to develop our next generation products and services. You will have an opportunity work with exciting, cutting-edge technologies that will that enable us to deliver innovative, fast, scalable and reliable products and services to our customers.
In this role, you will be working alongside a diverse group of talented individuals that are responsible for creating and maintaining high traffic, web-based products and services depended on by top insurance companies for their daily business.
What you get to do every day:
* Design and develop high performance REST web services and web applications using C# / ASP.NET
* Be involved in all phases of the software lifecycle
* Successfully deploy applications through the development, QA, and production stages
* Proactively seek out and minimize pain points within the infrastructure and code base
* Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and introduce them as needed
* Performs hands-on coding and assist in the architecting web content solutions
What you bring to the role:
* Be comfortable working in a dynamic environment
* Be focused, passionate, and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems
* Have a bachelor s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field and a minimum of two (2) years full-time work experience with web application or web service development
* Have previous experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, or component-oriented software engineering and have demonstrable proficiencies in C#/ASP.NET and SQL Server 2012
* Working knowledge of SOA fundamentals REST, SOAP, XML, JSON
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
* Excellent understanding of object-oriented design concepts and software development processes and methods.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to troubleshoot and maintain mid-level to complex applications.
Technologies Used By This Position (We don t expect anyone to be proficient with all of them):
* Backend languages: C#/ASP.NET
* Web Frameworks and patterns such as WebAPI and Asp.Net MVC
* ORM s such as Entity Framework or NHibernate
* Dependency Injection Frameworks, such as Spring.NET, Unity or Ninject
* Unit testing Frameworks such as NUnit or MSTest, along with mocking tools such as MOQ
* Familairity Continuous Integration
* Working Knowledge of Agile development methodology
Salary commensurate with qualifications. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible health and dependent care spending accounts, commute assistance, 401(k), and Paid Time Off (PTO).
To be considered for this position, please provide the following:
1. Cover letter summarizing related experience and expertise
3. Salary history and expectations
4. Professional references
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
Due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to respond to every applicant.
Verisk Insurance Solutions / Underwriting, a unit of Verisk Analytics (VRSK), provides technology rich solutions in Underwriting to the Property & Casualty insurance industry. These advanced analytical solutions address challenging problems related to risk and decision-making in P&C insurance underwriting. We combine vast data resources with cutting-edge technology to create innovative and technically rigorous solutions.
Verisk Analytics, a NASDAQ100 company, is a leading source of information about risk. We offer risk-assessment services and decision analytics to professionals in insurance, healthcare, mortgage, government, risk management, and other fields. In the United States and around the world, Verisk Analytics helps customers protect people, property, and financial assets. To learn more about Verisk Analytics and Verisk Insurance Solutions, please visit www.verisk.com and http://www.verisk.com/underwriting/ respectively.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.