Python Engineer 8/16/2016
The Advisory Board Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title:
Technology and Engineering
Engineering & ETech
Share | |Email this job
PYTHON ENGINEER *LI
Education Advisory Board Technology
The Advisory Board Company
The Software Engineer will be a member of the Advisory Board's Performance Technologies Software Product Development team and will be deeply involved in the full product life cycle of multiple applications and the supporting data architecture. The Software Engineer will be a part of a team working on developing the next generation of technology for the higher education industry.
WHAT YOU\'LL BE DOING:
- Working with product managers and other stakeholders to get clarification on business requirements and then implementing solutions including code development and database design
- Ensuring high quality solutions by implementing unit tests and supporting the creation and design of integration, load and user acceptance tests
- Working in concert with senior and junior developers to build complex rule-based evaluation and processing solutions
- Working with senior developers to architect and implement said solutions
- Support operations by identifying, researching and resolving performance and production issues
- Bachelors degree or equivalent exp.
- 3+ years of experience with a common application programming language (java, php, ruby)
- 3+ year s experience working, including understanding of multiple database types and vendors (e.g., Postgres, Oracle, MySql)
- 2+ years of Python development experience
- 2+ years of web application development
- Specific domain expertise with rules evaluation and/or parsing systems
- Bachelor s or Master s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python, PHP...Etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration environment including the use of tools such as Maven, GIT, JUnit, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Ability to communicate with business and technical teams both orally and written
- Experience working within a team environment and the ability to work with internal and external clients and to translate requirements into solutions
- Knowledge of multiple languages/alternative frameworks and ability to learn new technologies as the need arises
- demonstrated experience with a variety of frameworks and programming languages
ABOUT EDUCATION ADVISORY BOARD
EAB is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,100+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.eab.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
PERKS (A FEW OF MANY):
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.