Software Engineer 4
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Trimble Navigation Limited
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Trimble is recruiting for a Software Engineer to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
The software engineer is responsible for working with the project teams (teams performing the marketing, applications, testing, and in some cases, manufacturing functions) to establish product requirements and develop fully tested software to meet established requirements. Success in this position involves working effectively with the application domain experts, working within the established process framework and demonstrating a set of fundamental software engineering skills that result in predictability in engineering, scheduling and the quality of products developed.
* Perform software engineering within the process framework established for the project and contribute to the continuous improvement of these processes. (This framework will describe how requirements are developed and analyzed, how changes are made to requirements, how engineering work will be planned and tracked, how testing will be performed, and the criteria by which the performance of the project will be measured.)
* Work with the project team and with the application domain experts (e.g., application engineers, technical marketing) to establish achievable requirements.
* Work with the project team to identify / clarify project goals, establish useful milestones, and develop a breakdown of the engineering tasks to be performed.
* During the development process, develop engineering effort / schedule estimates to support overall project scheduling, project tracking, and change control decisions.
* Create software designs and implement and test those designs to meet established requirements.
* Participate in technical / design reviews as required by the project framework.
* Maintain and archive design documents, source code, and other work products necessary for the project.
* As necessary, work independently or with quality assurance personnel to plan and execute product testing.
* As necessary, perform or enable the ongoing support of software through the creation of design documentation or the performance of defect isolation and resolution.
* Work with the author of product documentation to assist in the development and review of product documentation.
* As necessary, provide engineering work products and documentation to manufacturing and document control as necessary for successful product release.
Skills & Experience Required:
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination
* 5+ years of Java programming experience
* 2+ years of experience with Java on the Android platform
* Experience with real time or multi-threaded systems
* A thorough understanding of OO design patterns
* Self-managed, self-starter able to work in rapidly changing environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all team members
* Problem solving ability and strong experience analyzing information along with quick effective decision-making
* UI development experience is a plus
* Experience writing distributed C++ applications is preferred
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D