Software Engineer eCommerce
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSOFTWARE ENGINEER ECOMMERCE
Staples is one of the top 5 internet retailers. Due to our growth, we are seeking dynamic individuals who combine superb technical, analytical and communication skills to join our eCommerce Engineering team. Have you ever wanted to be part of a start-up, but with backing of a multi-billion dollar company Do you want to work on cutting edge technology and drive key projects Now is your chance!
To be part of this high achieving team you need to be someone that has an abundance of intellectual curiosity, a self- motivated achiever, and excited to work with a team focused on innovation and delivering solutions that raise the bar. Our vision is to bring world-class e-Commerce expertise not only to Staples.com but also to our other web businesses.
* Design, develop, and support Java/J2EE eCommerce projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
* Estimate engineering efforts, plan implementations, and rollout system changes.
* Develop innovative solutions that meet eCommerce market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
* Coordinate eCommerce product initiatives; identify project risks and stability and scalability issues; and recommend improvements and fixes. Support site rollouts and resolve site issues.
* Highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills
* Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Engineering (any), or related field plus one (1) year of related software development experience.
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE SHOULD INCLUDE:
* JAVA/J2EE , Spring , SQL ,REST API
* Junit, Selenium
* Experience in Open source server technologies , Node.js, , NOSQL technologies (i.e., MongoDB, Couchbase), Kafka, Storm, and Hadoop is a plus
* Design Patterns, Micro Services and Unified Modeling Language (UML).
* Knowledge of UNIX/AIX and Windows platforms (UNIX/Linux).
* Creating unit test cases in support of a continuous integration/deployment SDLC.
* Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards, including: Web Services.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Agile Scrum development best practices.
_Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law._
***THERE IS NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION***