Software Engineer for a Neurotech Startup
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY INTRODUCTION:
Neurable is a funded brain-computer interface (BCI) startup spun out of the University of Michigan's Direct to Brain Interface Laboratory (UM-DBI); our technology, an artificial intelligence developed by our CEO Ramses Alcaide, BCI expert and PhD neuroscience, enables people to control hardware and software in real-time with their brain via a non-invasive cap. We have enabled users to control remote control cars, computer programs, wheelchairs, and more. Currently we are directing Neurable for virtual and augmented reality applications.
Our ideal candidate is someone who likes to think outside of the box. Here we try to encourage as much creative thought and innovative thinking possible. We are working in a field and creating a technology with functionalities that have never existed before. If you like tinkering, are curious by nature, consider yourself a technologist or someone who thinks several steps aheadwe would like you to join us, or at least meet us, or come to our office and play some video games (we have all the latest VR/AR technology). We are a small group adding to the banality of "work hard, play hard" but only because it is true.
Your main responsibility will be to translate python code to C++ for inclusion into our API, parsing brain data, and you will be working on research and development (i.e. testing and tweaking our Unity demo applications).
COMPANY ASIDE, WE THOROUGHLY ENJOY:
- Fine food and beverages
- Movies and shows (during Game of Thrones season, our CEO Ramses, also a near chef, cooks everyone dinner while we watch on his 12' by 21' projector screen)
- Video games (we own every console from the ColecoVision, 1982, to the latest in virtual reality systems)
- Adventures (ask us about what happened one fateful night on Mt. Nacheesmo)
- Dogs (we have two in our office)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Design, build, test, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Fluency in: C/C++, Python, C#/Unity, Matlab (preferred)
- Familiarity with developing apps in Unity and Qt
- Python with numpy and pandas libraries
- Strong written communication and documentation abilities
- Comfortable in a small, intense, and high-growth environment
- Ability to rapidly prototype real features in a startup environment
- You know and can admit when something is not great. You can recognize that something needs improvement
- Creativity and desire to push boundaries
- Desire to create a positive change in the world
- Experience with Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Signals Processing preferred
- Experience with startups, brain-computer interface, and AR/VR applications are preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States