Senior Software Engineer in Test
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 3/21/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
Currently, we have an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer. The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for developing and executing automated test cases, based on functional and technical requirements, and use cases provided by the business. The individual will work collaboratively with Product Development, Product Management, and Release Management teams, and will apply QA methodologies and processes to make sure deliverables meet company s highest standards.
This position will be located in: Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville, OH)
* Designs, develops, and executes automated tests (both UI and back-end) using test plans and functional specifications.
* Fluent with API and other integration testing.
* Works with the project team to ensure proper test coverage and overall system reliability, performance, and quality.
* Participates in all phases of the test cycle, including but not limited to, integration/system, exploratory, functional, regression, and user acceptance testing, and production release certification.
* Performs both new functionality and regression tests and identify, analyze and report issues.
* Reports test findings/results, bugs, defects, and product enhancements/suggestions.
* Participates in software requirement, specification and design reviews.
* Provides feedback and suggestions to ensure testability and comprehensiveness of defined scope.
* Provides progress reports for all assigned projects and ensures timely and accurate reporting.
* Coordinates the testing effort with cross geographic location teams.
* Works and actively participates in QA process planning and documentation.
* Serves as SME (subject matter expert) on product features and functionality, and how and why internal and external clients use the application
* Builds automated scripts independently, using automated tool/s
* Effectively collaborate and communicate with other teams within department and/or division.
* Requires organizational, verbal and communication skills.
* Hands-on experience in documenting and executing test cases, using test management tool/s.
* Behavior Driven Development (BDD) experience preferred
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent years of related experience required
* 5-7 years of experience in creating automated test scripts using open source tools.
* Experience with back-end and data driven testing
* Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle.
* Previous experience in working in Higher Education market is a plus
* Proven hands-on experience in building and executing automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets our employees. That s why we not only offer a comprehensive benefits package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits include (but may vary depending on global location):
* Competitive Medical and Dental Insurance Plans
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Short-term Disability Insurance
* Long-term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Plan
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Education Reimbursement
* Employee Referral Program
Mental & Emotional Well-being
* Substantial Paid Time-off
* Generous Holiday Schedule PLUS a company-wide paid winter holiday from Christmas Eve through New Year s Day
* Casual Dress Environment
* Flexible Work Arrangement Program
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at www.hobsons.com.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.